Sunday, 22 February 2015
Performance evaluation
Mia and I are doing a piece of theatre, based on exploration and contact from a sculpture of pieces of metal and mechanical objects put together that we saw on the trip to the Tate Modern.
Our piece is based on contact and exploring, we got the idea by exploring the art we saw at the Tate Modern noticing that the sculpture we chose to base our performance on was covered in blue paint/glitter. I noticed when I explored further and dug to look for some sort of way I could make a piece of theatre out of smashed up metals, the sculpture looks like it was put together by tubes and contained loops that all connected and joined together and that's how I got the idea of contact and exploration.
The performance involve Mia and I Moving around the space we was given, disconnecting and connecting and contacting eachother using most of our bodies. We performed lifts, experimenting with pressure and exploring parts of the body that isn't regularly explored with on a daily basis.
We both dressed in black to keep a blank canvas so no emotions are to be showed by coloured clothes, only our bodies and physical movement and the colours we used in the piece let the audience know the emotions of the performance.
The performance went very well , the set was presented like an exhibition, mia and I used blue paint creatively and throughout every performance we painted a 'rough version' of the sculpture we saw at the Tate Modern. We also used our emotions of the performance and was breathing heavy to the point where we was shouting and acting in a sense of the whole "blue" idea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment